Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Pause that Refreshes

This is a bit of a time to reflect on where I am with my thinking. planning, reading and writing on the thesis paper. I need to complete the proposals for Woosong and the KOTESOL funding ASAP. I have an adequate enough plan of where I am heading, have- at least- a basic bibliography and framework.
I got my feet wet this week by doing 4 semi-structured interviews....They went fairly well....I was amazed at the fact that there were issues and explanation the interviewees brought up which opened new possibilities. I also continued to discuss the particulars of grounded research with Eric. I need to look into periodicals and articles by other topic subject headings: Avoidance, reluctance, etc, in the literature.
Beyond the field notes (this week's homework) and the readings, I feel like I got a bunch done. The research process is certainly proceeding forward....if not in a particularly linear traditional path.
I look forward to writing the proposals, interviewing more subjects (mostly waygookin next week) and digging into more literature.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carl, how are you doing? Good on you for doing that research. That is great that you are applying for the KOTESOL funding. I hope you get it. I hope to see you soon. Cheers, Chad

    ReplyDelete